Rules & General info
- You win Arcane Game by answering questions as fast as possible - Not by cheating! Brute forcing lots of answers into the system is considered cheating.
- It is not allowed to tear down clues, trying to hack the server or access any restricted areas.
- You are encouraged to compete in teams, with a maximum size of 10.
- All correct answers are case-insensitive, it doesn't matter if you have capital letters or not!
- The correct answers are never completely random letters and numbers, but can be a combination of words and numbers or hexadecimal and binary digits.
- The most important rule is that you are not allowed to ruin for anyone else. Leave visited places as they were when you got there, don't destroy clues.
- Never enter into restricted areas, you will never need to enter an area not open to the public.
- Do not post tasks, answers or clues in any of our public discord channels.
- If you seem to have a problem of a technical nature, please contact the Arcane Game crew. You can find us at Discord: https://discord.gg/KfBgffZ. Look for Ankan, Gussoh, Findus, Ninja, Burnedram or Gditz.
- Hints are time-based per team, meaning that a hint is released after your team has been stuck at the task for a given amount of time. There are no personal hints.
Arcane Game can be difficult and frustrating at times. This is part of the game. The ultimate goal of Arcane Game is to be calm and think simple while trying to be the fastest thinker out there. It's often not as hard as you think it is.
The game provides hints automatically. There are two types of hints. They are either time-based or triggered on some input you gave. The time-based clues are based on how long time your team has been on a task. The time it takes for a clue to appear changes over time and follows an unexplainable algorithm which only the deep learning AI of the game system understands. The hints will be shown on the page of the question. It might be a good thing to reload the page if you have been stuck for a while to see if a clue has been added.
If you think more hints are needed for a task the best approach is usually to use our bot on our Discord https://discord.gg/YThBTwAsNC through the !stuck command. Send the command as a Direct Message and describe to the bot on which task you are on and what you have tried so far. You can communicate in either English or Swedish. You will not get clues directly from the bot. If you get a clue it gets added to the task page.
If you think a task has been tampered with, is missing or is broken, then please contact the creators on Discord
Welcome to the exciting world of Arcane Game!
The game is all about figuring out what to do. As you play more you will get more and more into the spirit of the game and you will figure things out faster. It is important to play in a team or you'll have a difficult task finishing the game.
Good things to think about when trying to solve the game is numbers (count stuff), patterns and odd things that don't fit in. Tasks can be computer-related, but don't have to be. You might even have to interact with people, software or machines at DreamHack to be able to solve a task.
Here's a list of things you might want to try!
- Google it!
- Convert it to HEX
- Convert it to Binary
- Convert it to Decimal
- Morse code
- Rearrange the letters
- Look at the task in a mirror
- Say it out loud
- Make it into 3D
- Fold it
- Connect the dots
- Overlay it on a map of something
- Look at letter frequencies
- Determine if it's a cipher of some kind
- Shift from letters to numbers
- See if text relates to song lyrics or poems
- Look at a computer keyboard to match up patterns
- Graph numbers or letter frequencies
- Change base of numbers
- Treat numbers as phone numbers, IP address, dates, atomic weights, coordinates, radio stations, ASCII, ISBN
- Prime factor numbers
If nothing else works, leave it, go sleep and eat, then come back with new eyes.
- DHS23 - eniteam
- DHW22 - Chicken Yeah!
- DHS22 - Much Owl Multi-Fail Wow
- DHW21 - Who
- AGO0 - Enigame
- DHW19 - Kattass
- DHS19 - 15GMZ
- DHW18 - GMZ
- DHS18 - Much Owl Multi-Fail Wow
- DHW17 - Much Owl Multi-Fail Wow
- DHS17 - Much Owl Multi-Fail Wow
- DHW16 - Much Owl Multi-Fail Wow
- DHS16 - I.G.O.R
- DHW15 - Kattass
- DHS15 - I.G.O.R
- DHW14 - I.G.O.R
- DHS14 - I.G.O.R
- DHW13 - Kattass
- DHS13 - Kattass
- DHW12 - Kattass
- DHS12 - Team XW
- DHW11 - iMad
- DHS11 - Kattass
- DHW10 - Team Headlamp Redux
- DHS10 - LOL INTERNET
- DHW09 - Ship of Fools
- DHS09 - GrabbarnaBojjs
Creators of the Arcane Game & Dreamhack Game
- DHS23 - Ankan, Gditz, Mange, Renanyuu
- DHW22 - Ankan, Burnedram, Gditz, Renanyuu
- DHS22 - Ankan, Gditz, Mange
- DHW21 - Ankan, Findus, Gditz, Gussoh, Mange & Burnedram
- AGO0 - Ankan, Findus, Gditz, Gussoh & Mange
- DHW19 - Ankan, Findus, Gditz, Gussoh & Mange
- DHS19 - Ankan, Burnedram, Findus, Gditz, Gussoh & Mange
- DHW18 - Ankan, Burnedram, Findus, Gditz, Gussoh & Mange
- DHS18 - Ankan, Burnedram, Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHW17 - Ankan, Burnedram, Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHS17 - Ankan, Cannonbait, Findus, Gditz, Gussoh & Mange
- DHW16 - Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHS16 - Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHW15 - Anona, Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHS15 - Anona, Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHW14 - Anona, Findus, Gditz & Gussoh
- DHS14 - Anona, faern, Findus & Gussoh
- DHW13 - Eng, faern, Findus & Gussoh
- DHS13 - Anona, Eng, Findus & Gussoh
- DHW12 - Eng, Findus & Gussoh
- DHS12 - Anona, Findus & Gussoh
- DHW11 - Anona, Findus & Gussoh
- DHS11 - Anona, Findus & Gussoh
- DHW10 - Anona, Findus & Gussoh
- DHS10 - Findus & Gussoh
- DHW09 - Emore & iQue
- DHS09 - Emore & iQue
- DHW08 - Emore & iQue
- DHS08 - buffpojken & Whistler
- DHW07 - buffpojken, Emore, iQue & muted
- DHS07 - iQue, muted, Owl & Whistler
- DHW06 - Emore, iQue, muted, Owl & p4radox
- DHS06 - iQue
- DHW05 - buffpojken, iQue & Najtmare
- DHS05 - audell, buffpojken & iQue
- DHW04 - aimeo, buffpojken & saerdna
- DHS04 - Fredrik, Hörru! & zraz
- DHW03 - Fredrik
- DHS03 - Fredrik
- DHW02 - Fredrik